Frown lines, creases, and wrinkles. These are common problems that affect most of us as we get older. They are also problems that can cause us to feel incredibly self-conscious. There is something about the eyes that gives others a sneak peek into our general wellness and character. Heavy, sagging, bagging eyelids say “I’m tired,” or “I’m not friendly.” If you want to revive your eyes to better reflect how good you feel on the inside, consider how Botox® can help.
What Botox® is
This originator of all injectable treatments is formulated with purified botulinum toxin A protein. This protein has been used for decades in the clinical setting and has a strong history of safety and efficacy.
How Botox® Works
To understand how works on fine lines and wrinkles, it helps to look at its therapeutic value. For many years, botulinum toxin A protein has been used to reduce muscle contractions caused by certain medical conditions. The protein works by blocking neural transmissions between nerves and treated muscles. It was actually in the clinical use of this solution that its side effect of wrinkle reduction was discovered. Now, the primary use of Botox® cosmetic is to ease muscle contractions around the eyes and on the forehead. The result is smoother, younger looking skin.
What is Possible with Botox®
- Frown lines, worry lines, crow’s feet, and horizontal lines on the neck can be lessened to the degree you desire.
- Drooping, heavy eyebrows can be lifted up to their normal position in a single office visit.
- Excessive sweating can be diminished with Botox® treatments, letting you feel more comfortable and confident.
Points to Consider
- More Botox® isn’t better. Too much of this product can have an adverse effect, such as inhibiting facial expression or lifting the brows too high. We perform treatment with the intent of restoring a more youthful look; a naturally younger version of you.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing will need to postpone their Botox® treatment.
- Medications and supplements that prevent clotting (blood thinners) may increase the risk for bruising. If you can, avoid medications like ibuprofen and aspirin, and supplements like fish oil and vitamin E, prior to Botox® treatment. If bruising does occur, know that it is only temporary.
- Botox® is an excellent anti-aging treatment for both men and women!
Patients of Fante Eye & Face Centre receive our one on one attention to address the signs of aging. Schedule your appointment with us at (303) 839-1616.