Laser Resurfacing (Skin Rejuvenation)
What is Laser Resurfacing?
Laser resurfacing treatments remove damaged skin and rejuvenate a patient’s appearance. State-of-the-art laser treatments can provide remarkable results even on the most environmentally damaged and discolored skin. In more mild cases, light chemical peels can tighten wrinkles, lighten age spots, and soften skin texture around the eyes. In addition, laser treatments or chemical peels are often combined with Botox and fillers to optimize your appearance without surgery. You may decide to discuss a deeper laser treatment with Dr. Fante or you may choose to look at other great laser options available at ReDerm MD Medical Spa.
Reasons for Laser Skin Resurfacing
We use a variety of lasers and other light-based therapies to address skin texture and color changes including:
- Patches of brown pigmentation
- Broken blood vessels and visible capillaries
- Large pore size
- Fine wrinkles
- Deeper wrinkles and creases
- Unwanted hair
- Acne Rosacea
- Scars from adolescent acne
Preparing For Laser Skin Rejuvenation
As with all facial plastic surgery, good health and realistic expectations are desirable.
- A complete medical history will be taken. Be sure to tell Dr. Fante’s staff if you have any allergies.
- Dr. Fante’s staff will explain the techniques they’ll use, and the anesthesia, and the risks involved.
- Dr. Fante and his staff will give you guidelines on eating and drinking, as well as smoking, and any vitamins, herbs, and medications you should take or avoid.
- Depending on your skin type and the procedure(s) selected, pre-treatment of your skin with medications such as tretinoin or hydroquinone may be recommended. Oral medications may also be prescribed, possibly including anti-viral prophylaxis, pain medication, and antibiotics.
Laser Resurfacing Procedure
In general, laser resurfacing procedures will take from about 30 minutes to 90 minutes, using local anesthetic combined with some form of sedative. Depending on the type of laser used, your eyes and teeth may be protected with special devices. Depending on your exact situation, surgery may be appropriately performed in our office or in an ambulatory surgery center.
There are many procedures to choose from, and yours will be customized by Dr. Fante and his staff for your unique face.
Watch Dr. Fante Receive Halo Laser Resurfacing
Laser Skin Resurfacing Recovery
Afterwards, you can go home, though you’ll need someone to drive you if you’ve taken any sedatives.
- There’ll be ointment temporarily blurring your vision
- You’ll have a prescription for an oral pain reliever if you need it
- Dr. Fante’s staff will give you written instructions for self-care
- There’ll be some swelling and bruising which you can minimize with an ice pack. Herbal and homeopathic medicines can sometimes also help with bruising and you will be given information on which ones to consider
- Some types of laser resurfacing require frequent use of moisturizers. You’ll be given careful instructions and will have an opportunity to see our staff over the first few days if you have questions.
After a few days or so you’ll be able to return to work, exercise, and normal routines from most types of laser resurfacing. If your recovery period will be longer, we will be certain to advise you. Some redness or bruising may persist into the second week after surgery. Since we live in the Rocky Mountain climate, you will probably want to use artificial tears for a little while to offset the dry air.
You’ll be very pleased with your new, refreshed look. Dr. Fante is always available to answer questions and provide support.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are interested in laser skin resurfacing, contact our Denver office today! Call (303) 839-1616 to schedule a consultation with facial plastic surgeon Dr. Robert Fante.