These past 18 months, we’ve become more aware of how much our eyes affect our appearance. When we can see the entire face, features can play off of one another. The smile can offset eyes that may look heavy, unfriendly, or sad. In this age of mask-wearing, the relationship between facial features has become distorted in our day to day lives. We now rely much more on the appearance of our eyes to portray our personality and mood. For this reason, we’ve seen an increase in the number of inquiries regarding eyelid rejuvenation and brow lift surgery.
Here, we discuss some particulars to help you determine if you may be ready to schedule a consultation for a brow lift.
When to Consider a Brow Lift
A brow lift can correct a number of cosmetic concerns that occur in the forehead area. These include:
- Low-lying or sagging eyebrow position that makes the face appear sad or angry
- Deep horizontal creases across the forehead known as worry lines
- Vertical furrows between the eyebrows or “bunny lines” across the top of the nose
- Excess skin or fatty tissue hanging over the upper eyelids
A brow lift can raise the eyebrows to create a more energetic, friendly appearance. This can make a person appear more approachable and youthful due to the repositioning of sagging skin on the upper eyelids. While advantageous results are possible and brow lift surgery tends to have a high satisfaction rate, patients should know that their choice of surgeon matters. Also, blepharoplasty may be needed to address aging eyelids. This procedure is often combined with a brow lift for more comprehensive rejuvenation of the upper face.
Are you a good candidate for a brow lift?
It can be tricky to determine if the brow lift procedure is right for individual cases, or if eyelid rejuvenation may be more suitable, or if a combination of techniques is ideal. The best way to know for sure is to consult with an experienced surgeon like Dr. Fante or Dr. Goecks. As you prepare for your visit, you can begin to understand your cosmetic needs by observing your eye area for the following:
- Sagging at the outer corners of the brows or the eyes
- An angry appearance stemming from the descent of the central brow area
- Permanent frown lines
- Difficulty applying makeup to the upper eyelid due to drooping tissue
- A change in the eyelid when you gently lift the skin above your eyebrow
Brow lift surgery is surging in popularity because it can achieve outstanding long-term results. To learn more about our various brow lift options, contact our Denver office at (303) 839-1616.