Lip augmentation has become an incredibly popular approach to facial enhancement. The addition of volume across the smile line increases a person’s attractiveness. A fuller mouth is perceived better. We observe people with full lips to be younger, more sensual, friendlier; it’s just natural instinct at work. If you want to enhance the appearance of your lips, there are a few things you should know.
- Lip augmentation does not have to involve cosmetic surgery. The large majority of lip enhancement procedures are performed using dermal fillers.
- Injectables are great for lip augmentation, and every injector may use a slightly different technique and product. The products that are usually used for lip augmentation are those with a lighter, smoother consistency. This is because they tend to be introduced to very superficial tissue.
- Dermal fillers are metabolized over time. The average duration of results from injectable lip augmentation is 4 to 6 months. However, that doesn’t mean you have to endure months of fullness if you don’t like how your lips look! .
- Some dermal fillers can be reversed. If you’re hesitant about lip augmentation, talk with your provider about hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Restylane or Volbella. These products can be dissolved with follow-up injections of a particular enzyme, hyaluronidase.
- Lips will not feel any different after they have been delicately plumped with dermal fillers.
- The immediate effects of treatment may appear dramatic. This is because injections naturally cause a bit of swelling. After a day or two, swelling subsides, and the true results from lip augmentation are revealed. Note schedule treatment several days before any special event!
- Pictures are great, but we want your lips to look good on your Lip augmentation is a fully customized procedure that is tailored to help your lips stand out in the best possible way. Overfilling to achieve a particular look based on a celebrity picture could mean dissatisfaction with the end-result.
- Worried about pain? Dermal fillers for lip augmentation are very smooth. They are administered with a tiny needle. If you want to do everything you can to make your treatment completely comfortable, consider applying ice to your lips just before treatment.
At Fante Eye & Face Centre, we value personal interaction to achieve optimal results. Call our Denver office at (303) 839-1616 to learn more about lip augmentation with dermal fillers.