A few years ago, everyone was talking about the new treatment taking aesthetic medicine by storm. Today, people talk about CoolSculpting because this non-surgical fat-reducing treatment has consistently brought patients face to face with their desired physique. If you have been thinking about restoring better contours to an area of your body, read on for some important tips for your CoolSculpting experience.
- Discuss the full extent of your needs and expectations with your doctor. CoolSculpting can make a nice difference in the circumference of the midsection, but there are limitations. It is important to know the degree of reduction you want, and to also know the degree of reduction that is possible with this process. CoolSculpting is not like liposuction in the nature through which fat is reduced. While more conservative, it is also less dramatic in terms of results.
- The number of treatments you will need will be discussed in relation to the results you wish to achieve. One treatment can reduce about 20% of the fat in a given area. For some people, this works just fine. However, many patients choose to schedule two to four sessions over a few month’s time in order to maximize their contours.
- Prepare for pain. One of the reasons that CoolSculpting is popular is because it does not involve the discomfort and risks of surgery. However, that does not mean that treatment is completely pain-free. Some patients have no issue at all. Others may want to use an over-the-counter medication after their treatment in order to minimize sensations such as aching or tingling.
- Prepare some entertainment. While there are many patients who take their hour-long treatment time as an opportunity to just sit back and relax, an hour can also feel like an eternity if you have nothing to entertain you. Bring your laptop, music, or a favorite book along for the visit.
- Prepare for a waiting period. It is possible to notice slight reduction after a CoolSculpting treatment. However, the ultimate effect of cryolypolisis appears gradually. It is often two months after the initial treatment when dramatic results are seen. To track your progress, and help you remain patient, you may want to take pictures of your treatment area on a weekly basis.